This is the second of five journals with an addendum covering the establishment of churches and schools. Schools were established first by early missionaries and locals, then by government officials. The period between 1800 and 1900 is included, covering the villages of Katui, Aranga, Donnelly’s Crossing, Waikara, Tutamoe, Mangatu, Awatuna, Marlborough, Whatoro and Opanaki/Kaihu.
To read the journal, click here: Churches and Schools, Part II
To return to the full list of journals, click here.
The Old Katui School