This is the third of five journals and an addendum covering the establishment of churches and schools. Schools were established first by early missionaries and locals, then by government officials. The period between 1800 and 1900 is included, and covers the schools of Opanaki/Kaihu and updated information on Pakia, Waiotemarama, Waimamuku Valley and Tutamoe.
To read the journal, click here: Churches and Schools, Part III
To return to the full list of journals, click here.
Kaihu Native and Pakeha Combined School in 1899