This is the fifth of five journals (plus addendum) which cover the establishment of churches and schools. Schools were established first by early missionaries and locals, then by government officials. The period between 1800 and 1900 is included, covering the villages of Mamaranui, Taita/Maitahi, the lower Kaihu River Valley and the Mouth of the Kaihu River.
To read the journal, click here: Churches and Schools, Part V
To return to the full list of journals, click here.
Large Squares Each Side Of The Kaihu River Top Left Corner Are Places Of Christian Worship At Te Taita